We are always looking for committed and skilled volunteers to support in all aspects of the Trust's work.
Cobnor Activities Centre Trust is a people focused organisation and this includes all our participants, staff and volunteers. We value people who bring additional skills and abilities to the Trust, enabling us to have the capacity to provide quality services and activities. Volunteering can be fun, rewarding and even help you to gain new skills. Our volunteers bring a unique skill set which they can apply here at CACT, bringing benefits to both themselves and us as a charity. From assisting at a fundraising event, to becoming a weekly volunteer for our activities and maintenance, doing some admin work, or even driving our minibus, your support will help us to provide a better service for our customers and schools.
Typical volunteer roles could include:
- Supporting or instructing our outdoor activities - Sailors, paddlers, powerboat drivers and people with a keen interest and passion delivering activities within an outdoors environment. These could include activities such as camping, climbing, cycling, bush craft, sports and games.
- Supporting people with learning and physical disabilities - Supporting Centre staff to deliver activities for people with learning and physical disabilities, through both our activities and holiday programmes.
- Reception and Administration - Supporting with all aspects of our Centre administration, e.g. answering phones, taking bookings, preparing activity information , or supporting with accounts and finance.
- Fundraising - Support with fundraising events and researching funding opportunities for aspects of the Trust.
- Maintenance Work - Help keep our activities equipment, buildings and grounds ship-shape by cleaning, painting and general DIY. We welcome people with specialist skills within the marine industry to maintain our extensive range of dinghies and rescue boats.
Our offer to you:
We offer all our volunteers, should they wish, the opportunity to gain additional qualifications and training - to include many of our activities offered here at the Centre - so you can help us to deliver our programmes too.
So why not come along for a coffee and a chat, to see how we can support each other and become part of our active, friendly, professional community?
- All staff and regular volunteers at Cobnor Activities Centre Trust are required to complete a satisfactory check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as a CRB check). For more information on the Disclosure and Barring Service, please visit: www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs
- Find out more about volunteering with Cobnor Activities Centre Trust by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01243 572791