- Ages 12+
- No prior powerboating experience is required for this course
- 09:00-17:00 Each day (2 day course)
- Maximum participants: 3
- Please do bring a passport photo with you for the office to issue you your licence at the end of the course
- RYA G48 Start Powerboating book is included for all the information that you will need.
This two day course provides the skills and background knowledge needed by the competent powerboat driver and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence. The course may be conducted in a variety of boat types and hulls and the certificate issued will be endorsed appropriately. This Powerboat Level 2 course will take place across Chichester Harbour, West Sussex.
ICC - International Certificate of Competence
If want to use a powerboat abroad then the RYA powerboat level 2 course means you can then apply for the RYA ICC (International Certificate of Competence). This certificate is a legal requirement to helm a boat of up to 10m in length in many countries outside the UK.
For more information, please visit the RYA Webpage
- **12 to 16 year olds will be awarded a Level 2 certificate endorsed: "The holder should only use powered craft under the supervision of a responsible adult."
More details on the syllabus can be found in the RYA ‘Powerboat Logbook’ (G20)
Please bring with you;
- Lunch and drinks
- A passport photo for your certificate on the completion of this course
- Layers of clothing that you don't mind getting a bit damp from rain or sea spray, a wind proof top and waterproof trousers and old trainers and a full change of clothes after as you might get wet!
You should wear:
- Spare old trainers, or similar, to get wet (not crocs, flip flops or open toe sandals)
- Fleece or jumper
- Long trousers e.g. tracksuit bottoms (not jeans)
- Personal watersports kit, if desired
Maximum ratio: 3:1